SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#481281 - 11/20/19 01:10 PM Style for "Cruel To Be Kind"??
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - another song I'm working on, is "Cruel To Be Kind" ... it too (like Red Rubber Ball as I mentioned in another thread), has a 'signature' drum fill esp. in the intro, that no built-in style has (I wouldn't expect since it's so unique). It's a little snare-fill on beats 3 and 4 of measures at least in the intro, maybe in other parts of the song also (between verses etc.)

Wondering if anyone has done, or found, a style "made" for this song?

Thanks,
Jim

#481282 - 11/20/19 01:17 PM Re: Style for "Cruel To Be Kind"?? [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Jim have you ever tried doing the song in your own style instead of following the original....or using the style creator tools to get the desired parts you need by recording them into a custom style...
it's all in the keyboard,....and certainly makes for a much more interesting result and listen for your audiences..

#481400 - 11/21/19 05:02 PM Re: Style for "Cruel To Be Kind"?? [Re: jimlaing]
jimlaing Offline

Loc: Raleigh, NC
Hi - yes, I do that for many songs - but for some 'classics', I like to find something "close" - I don't always want something "absolutely identical" to the original well-know recording, but something with at least a similar feel to the original. (see my note on Red Rubber Ball, where I found another style that was plenty good to play the song with a similar feel to the original).

Yes, learning the Style Creator would be a great thing - and it might fall into the "when-I-Retire" category of things to do :-) but for now I do the best I can with either built-in styles which I modify some, or purchased styles now and then . . .

Thanks,
Jim

#481402 - 11/21/19 05:06 PM Re: Style for "Cruel To Be Kind"?? [Re: jimlaing]
Dnj Offline

Jim it's all in there for a reason...
give it a try.. Good luck

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online